Carrot Hemp Salad
This dish is great alone or mixed into a salad with spring mix and lemon vinaigrette. Enjoy
|5||Large Carrots, cut in matchsticks or chopped|
|4 Tbs||Oil (Hemp Seed or Olive or combination)|
|4 Cloves||Garlic, crushed|
|2 tsp||Ground Cumin|
|1/4 Cup||Cilantro Leaves, chopped|
|Salt and Black Pepper to taste|
|Juice of 1/2 Lemon|
|2 Tbs||Hemp Soft Centers|
- Wash and scrub the carrots and trim off the tops and tails. Cut them in quarters lengthwise and then cut each quarter in half to produce sticks.
- Boil in salted water for 10 minutes, until tender but not too soft, drain well.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil and put in the carrots, garlic, cumin, and some salt and pepper.
- Sauté on a medium-high heat, stirring and turning the carrots over, until the garlic just begins to color. You can toast the hemp seed in the same pan as the sauté or add them raw once the carrots are cooked.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and cilantro leaves and serve at room temperature or chill.